Board of Directors
The Central Texas Transgender Health Coalition is accepting nominations and applications for our 2018 board of directors.
Nominations accepted through February 2nd, 2018
Applications accepted through February 9th, 2018
Board members have three fundamental legal duties:
- Duty of Care — Each board member has a legal responsibility to participate actively in making decisions on behalf of the organization and to exercise his or her best judgment while doing so.
- Duty of Loyalty — Each board member must put the interests of the organization before their personal and professional interests when acting on behalf of the organization in a decision-making capacity. The organization’s needs come first.
- Duty of Obedience — Board members bear the legal responsibility of ensuring that the organization complies with the applicable federal, state, and local laws and adheres to its mission.
Additionally, board members are required to:
- Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively in board work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about board matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in the board's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participate in fund raising for the organization.